Health and hygiene measures
Health and hygiene measures
We welcome all visitors to the Deutsche Kinemathek. Our staff has taken all necessary precautions to stop the spread of the coronavirus. We ask you to observe the following rules for your own safety and the safety of others:
Online tickets are available in our ticket shop. The time slot listed on the ticket is binding; the ticket is not valid at a later time. It is no longer a requirement to book tickets online in advance. The ticket counter at our museum has reopened.
Access requirements for the museum, library, archives and events
You do not require a negative test to visit the museum or the library.
Access to guided tours, other events and to our archives continues only to be possible with a same-day, negative test result of a rapid antigen test or documentation showing complete vaccination or recovery.
Valid proof includes:
- Certification of a same-day, negative, EU-approved PoC (point-of-care) or PCR antigen test, carried out within 24 hours of the time of admission, or
- Proof of completed, full vaccination (15 days after the second injection) by presenting documentation of vaccination immunization (vaccination card), together with an identity card, passport or other official photo ID, or
- Following recovery, presentation of a positive PCR test for a past COVID-19 infection that was administered at least 28 days and no longer than six months ago; this documentation is to be shown together with an identity card, passport or other official photo ID.
Documentation of attendance is mandatory for events. Please use the Luca-app, which can be downloaded free of charge (also at the museum). Contact forms continue to be available to visitors without smartphones, who can download the forms in advance, fill them out, and bring them with them. Documentation of attendance is also mandatory for school and day-care groups. Please use the contact form for groups and school classes on the left.
Medical face masks
Wearing a medical face mask is mandatory throughout the entire building. If it is not possible for you to comply with this obligatory requirement, please inform our staff at the ticket counter.
The mask requirement does not apply to the following groups of people:
- Children under the age of six
- Individuals who cannot wear a nose and mouth covering due to a physical impediment or disability
- Individuals required to use other medical equipment to reduce the spread of transmissible droplet particles
- Deaf and hearing-impaired individuals, as well as the persons who accompany and communicate with them.
Keep a safe distance
Please enter the building one at a time. People who live in the same household are an exception. Please maintain a safe distance of at least 1.5 meters (approximately 5 feet) from other people at all times and avoid any physical contact.
Follow cough etiquette
Please cough or sneeze into the crook of your arm, instead of your hands.
Washing and disinfecting your hands
Please wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. You may also gladly use the hand sanitizer dispenser available at the museum entrance.
No coat check
Please use the lockers on the 2nd lower level (2 UG).
For groups of 10 persons or more, please book time slot tickets here.
No more than two people should use an elevator together.