Section 1 Information on the collection of personal data
(1) In the following, we would like to inform you about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data are all data that are personally identifiable to you, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, user behaviour.
(2) Pursuant to Art. 4 Para. 7 EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the controller and external Data Protection Officer of the Stiftung Deutsche Kinemathek - Museum für Film und Fernsehen, Potsdamer Strasse 2, 10785 Berlin is Sebastian Harrand. He can be contacted via firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also use our postal address to contact our Data Protection Officer by adding “Data Protection Officer”.
(3) When you contact us by e-mail or via a contact form, the data you provide (your e-mail address, if applicable, your name and your telephone number) will be stored by us to be able to answer your queries. After the storage is no longer necessary, we erase the data accrued in this context; if any statutory retention obligations exist, we restrict the processing of these data.
(4) If we commission any service providers for individual functions of our offer or would like to use your data for advertising purposes, please see below for details on the respective processes. There, you can find specific information on the defined criteria for the storage period.
Section 2 Your rights
(1) With regard to any personal data concerning you, you have the following rights towards us:
– right of access,
– right to rectification or erasure,
– right to restrict processing,
– right of objection to the processing,
– right of data portability.
(2) If you are under the impression that something could have gone wrong in the processing of your personal data, you also have the right to contact the data protection supervisory authority in the federal state of Berlin.
Section 3 Collection of personal data when visiting our website
(1) When using the website solely for information purposes, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with any information, we only collect the personal data that your browser transfers to our server. We collect the following data if you wish to view our website; these data are technically necessary for us to display our website to you and to guarantee stability and security (the legal basis for this is Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR):
– IP address,
– date and time of the request,
– time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT),
– content of the request (specific page),
– access Status/HTTP Status Code,
– the amount of data transferred in each case,
– website from which the request is made,
– operating system and its interface,
– language and version of the browser software.
(2) In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard disk in the browser you use and through which certain information flows to the place that sets the cookie (in this case, to us). Cookies cannot run programs or transfer viruses to your computer. Their purpose is to make the Internet offer user-friendlier and generally more effective.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and functioning of which are explained below:
– Transient cookies (see b)
– Persistent cookies (see c).
b) Transient cookies are erased automatically when you close your browser. This includes, in particular, the session cookies. Session cookies store a so-called session ID, with which different requests of your browser can be assigned to the common session. This will allow your computer to be recognised when you return to our website. Session cookies are erased when you log out or close your browser.
c) Persistent cookies are erased automatically after a specified period; depending on the cookie, this period may vary. You can erase cookies at any time in the security settings of your browser.
d) You can configure your browser settings according to your wishes and, for example, refuse the acceptance of third party cookies or all cookies. Please note that you may not be able to use all functions of this website.
f) The Flash cookies used are not recorded by your browser, but by your Flash plug-in. We also use HTML5 storage objects that are stored on your terminal device. These objects store the required data independently of your browser and do not have an automatic expiry date. If you do not wish the Flash cookies to be processed, please install an appropriate add-on, e.g. “Better Privacy” for Mozilla Firefox (https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/betterprivacy/) or the Adobe Flash killer cookie for Google Chrome. You can prevent the use of HTML5 storage objects by using the private mode in your browser. We also recommend that you regularly erase your cookies and your browser history manually.
Section 4 Further functions and offers of our website
(1) In addition to the purely informational use of our website, we offer various services which you can use if you are interested. You must generally provide further personal data, which we use to provide the respective service and to which the aforementioned data processing principles apply.
(2) In some cases, we use external service providers to process your data. These have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound by our instructions and are checked at regular intervals.
(3) Furthermore, if we offer you participation in promotion campaigns and competitions or, together with partners, to conclude contracts or provide similar services, we may transfer your personal data to third parties. You will receive further information upon providing your personal data or see the description of below the offer.
(4) If our service providers or partners are based in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you of the consequences of this circumstance in the offer description.
Section 5 Objecting to or revoking consent to the processing of your data
(1) If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you can revoke this at any time. After submitting it to us, a revocation influences the permissibility of processing your personal data.
(2) If we base the processing of your personal data on the weighing of interests, you may object to the processing. This is the case if processing is not necessary in particular to fulfil a contract with you, as illustrated by us in the following description of the functions. When exercising your objection, we ask you to state the reasons why we should not process your personal data as we have done. If your objection is justified, we will examine the situation and either stop or adjust data processing or point out to you our compelling reasons worthy of protection, on the basis of which we will continue processing.
(3) Of course, you can object at any time to the processing of your personal data for purposes of advertising and data analysis. Using the following contact data, you can inform us of your objection to advertising: Stiftung Deutsche Kinemathek – Museum für Film und Fernsehen, Potsdamer Strasse 2, 10785 Berlin, email@example.com.
Users are given the opportunity on our website to subscribe to a newsletter. kulturkurier.de, a system by data kulturlink ag (Berlin), is the newsletter system we use. The so-called double opt-in process is used for a legally compliant and data protection-compliant design. The potential recipient first receives an e-mail with a confirmation link. Until it has been confirmed, the address will not be added to the distribution list. Via the “Unsubscribe Link” at the end of each newsletter, you can revoke your consent to the storage of your data and the use of your address for its dispatch. Please find further information here: http://hilfe.kulturkurier.de/kulturnewsletter/ The personal data transferred to the data controller when ordering the newsletter is determined by the input mask used for this purpose. In addition to the date and time of registration, we also store the data subject’s IP address of the used computer system assigned by the Internet Service Provider (ISP) when registering for the newsletter. To be able to track any (possible) misuse of the data subject’s e-mail address at a later point in time, it is necessary to collect these data, thus providing the data controller with some legal protection. When registering for the newsletter, the personal data collected will be used exclusively for sending our newsletter. Furthermore, subscribers to the newsletter may be informed by e-mail if this is necessary for the operation of the newsletter service or for registration, as could be the case in the event of changes to the newsletter offer or changes in the technical conditions. The personal data collected in the context of the newsletter service will not be disclosed to third parties. To track opening and click rates, we use so-called tracking codes in the newsletter (but not in the system mails for subscribing and unsubscribing); these record when the newsletter is opened and when web links are visited. By replacing all personal data (e.g. the e-mail address) with a code (pseudonym), the collection is carried out in a pseudonymised storage. As a result, we do not store any personal data together with the usage data, such as opening the newsletters or visiting web links. Furthermore, provision is made that these data cannot be merged at a later date. If, as a recipient, you would like to object to this pseudonymised tracking, you can unsubscribe from the list using the opt-out link at the end of each newsletter.
If you do not agree to the storage and evaluation of these data from your visit, then you can object to the subsequent storage and use at any time by mouse click. In this case, an opt-out cookie is stored in your browser, which means that Piwik does not collect any session data. Note: If you erase your cookies, the opt-out cookie will also be erased and you may have to reactivate it.
Opting out of data tracking by the web analytics software Piwik
You can decide whether you wish the data listed above to be tracked, analyzed, and described statistically by the Deutsche Kinemathek – Museum für Film und Fernsehen.
Please note that if you have activated automatic deletion of cookies in your browser, the deactivation cookie will also be deleted when you close the program. In that case, every time you access this website you must opt out again from data tracking. Likewise, when you use another computer or a different web browser, you must opt out of data tracking again.